[Kwintv] No devices to select from

Adrian Dannberg adrian.dannberg at gmx.net
Wed Oct 27 17:40:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm running gentoo (linux 2.6.9, kde 3.3.1, kdetv 0.8.3) on my box and
upgraded from xfree-4.3.0-r6 to xfree-4.3.0-r7. No big changes, but somehow
kdetv can't find any devices to choose from now. Probably some config thing,
but I can't figure out what could be configured wrong. I read the FAQ and
everything seems to be right.

Bttv driver is loaded:
adrian at nebuchad X11 $ lsmod | grep bttv
bttv                  145612  0
video_buf              17156  1 bttv
btcx_risc               3976  1 bttv

/dev/video0 rights are:
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root 10 Oct 27 15:34 /dev/video0 -> v4l/video0
crw-------  1 adrian video 81, 0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/v4l/video0

v4l Module is loaded:
adrian at nebuchad X11 $ xvinfo | grep video4linux
Adaptor #0: "video4linux"

The only thing I wonder about is the date of /dev/v4l/video0, might that be a
hint to something?
How do kdetv and xorg come along, should I give it a try?

Would be great if someone could help me out with this.

kdetv rocks!
Adrian