[Kwintv] No devices to select from

Chris Cox onebeer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 13:49:26 CET 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 03:58 am, eGore wrote:
> I had a similar problem which was caused by exactly the problem you are
> describing above. It happened to me when switching from 0.8.3 to cvs,
> because Gentoo Linux uses a some kind of different data structure, which
> causes that "make install" over an existing 0.8.3 does not overwrite the
> old plugins (and this prevented kdetv from running). Removing the old
> version and doing a "make uninstall && make install" got everything
> running fine.
> But I'm not sure if kdetv just was closing itself or if I didn't have
> any sources to select from, all I remember is that it didn't work when I
> wanted to watch Simpsons :D

Thanks for the info.  That seemed to have fixed it for me as well.  Now I can
finally use kdetv-0.8.3.  I did have to recompile 0.8.0 and make uninstall
from the /var/tmp/portage/kdetv-0.8.0/work/kdetv-0.8.0 directory and emerge
-C kdetv then emerge the latest kdetv.  Then it worked like a charm.  So this
time I didn't see that NO  Devices error message on startup.

By the way. I use Gentoo Linux as well with KDE 3.2.3 , 3.3.1 and kde-cvs
installed. Mostly I use kde-cvs.  Now if I can just fix kuickshow I'll be
very happy indeed.

- Chris
--
"And the true threats of the 21st century are the ability for some rogue
leader to say to the United States, to Europe, to Russia herself, to Israel,

George W. Bush
July 20, 2001
BBC Interview