[Kwintv] kdetv crashes w/ FC2 & cx88

Jason Tang jtang613 at rogers.com
Sun May 30 16:15:15 CEST 2004

Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:

>On Saturday 29 May 2004 01:21, Jason Tang wrote:
>

>>I've tried kdetv 8.0 and cvs-20040526 but still get the same problem.
>>kdetv crashes immediatly after the device selection dialoag is
>>dismissed.  When I run kdetv, I am prompted for my device (an MSI
>>TV at nywhere is correctly detected).  It uses the Connexant cx88 chipset.
>>As soon as I accept or cancel the dialog, kdetv stops responding and
>>issues the following to the terminal window.
>>

>[...]
>

>>What can I do to resolve this problem?  Is it a setup issue, or a
>>software bug?
>>
>>Your help is greatly appreciated.
>>

>can you please compile the latest snapshot (http://dziegel.free.fr/snapshots)
>with debug enabled (configure --enable-debug) and send me the console output
>again?
>
>Dirk

I've downloaded the newest CVS and compiled with debug enabled, but the
result seems to be the same.

kdetv
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
  Major opcode:  2
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x120000f
QMetaObject::findSignal:ChannelEditor: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
  Major opcode:  2
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x120000f
v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Invalid argument
Killed

The program really jams up, to the point where I need to ctrl-c from the
terminal.  All gui events, redraws, etc stop functioning.

I am using Fedora Core 2, with kernel-2.6.6 and nVidia-5336 on an AMD
2200+, 512mb ddr, nVidia Ti4200, MSI TV at nywhere, Asus A7V266e MB.
Video4Linux, Connexant and ALSA are compiled as modules, and
successfully loaded.

Is there anything else I'm missing?  What does the "BadAccess" message
relate to?

If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.
jt