[Kwintv] No sound in kdetv

Thomas Braun thomas.braun at genion.de
Sat May 22 14:32:56 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I've a big problem with kdetv. I can't hear sound. I did try various
things to get it to work (Messing around with alsamixer; asked google;
reinstalling my soundcard, reinstalling my tv-card...)

In xawtv and motv I do hear sound, I also get sound while installing the
tv-card. Just kdetv remains silent. My tv-card is connected via AUX.

I'm running SuSE 9.1 with kde 3.2.2 and kdetv 0.8.0.
Soundcard is a Soundblaser 1024 Player and tv-card is a Tevion 9717
(Philips 7134 chipset)

Any help is highly appreciated

Kind regards,

Thomas