[Kwintv] garbled sound

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Thu May 20 10:07:12 CEST 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 06:31, Tom Baker wrote:
Hello,

It's likely that this is not a kdetv problem, since the only thing kdetv does
with sound is control one mixer element of sour soundcard (muting, volume
control). You can manually try to adjust volume and muting of the sound input
your TV card is connected to (Line-in for most cards) and see if it goes
away. If not, your sound card may have a problem. Maybe it "receives" noise
from your computer - if I turn up the volume on my system to a very high
level, I can hear my harddisk in the sound output. Maybe it's something like
that for you.

Dirk

[full quote deleted]