[Kwintv] problems compiling kdetv

Tom Baker kwintv at atoka-software.com
Wed May 12 04:51:17 CEST 2004

Dick:

here is what i did, and now it compiles fine!
just for grins, i tried compiling on another rh9 machine which is very similar
to the machine in question, with the same results. ok, so there is something
strange with rh9 and it's way of setting up qt????

back to the original machine.

first, i tried to install the latest qt (3.3.2). that did not work correctly
either, though the compile step got much further before barfing.

so i reinstall the rh9 qt and qt-devel rpm's for 3.1. now i get a error saying
kde libs are not found.

reinstall kdelib and kdelib-devel rpms. no luck.

reinstall all the kde rpm's, including devel, but not kde-i18n* rpm's. then
upgrade all the rpm's for kde that redhat has posted.

life is now good! hopefully, if someone else has a similar problem, this will
help.

thanks for you help; it gave me the direction to head! :)

On Monday 10 May 2004 22:52, Dirk Ziegelmeier pronounced:
> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 06:11, Tom Baker wrote:
> > hello:
> >
> > i am trying to compile kdetv-0.8.0. after doing a "./configure
> > --prefix=/usr" and then running make, i get:
> >
> > /bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -ansi -W -Wall
> > -Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
> > -Wwrite-strings -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -O2   -Wformat-security
> > -Wmissing-format-attribute   -o kv4lsetup -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> > -L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib -L/usr/lib  kv4lsetup.o -lqt-mt  -lz -lpng -lz -lm
> > -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lpthread -lXrandr -lXrender -lXinerama
> > -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXvMC -lXv
> > /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to
> > `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
> >
> > >::_Rep::_S_terminal'
>
> Look here, you seem to have the same (unsolved) problem:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwintv&m=108304509907630&w=2
>
> Maybe you can ask Phil whether he managed to solve it.
>
> Dirk

regards,
tom baker
"your friendly neighborhood rambler owner"
"my rambler will go from 0 to 105"
Current date: 21:44:19::131:2004

			It's grad exam time...
COMPUTER SCIENCE
	Inside your desk you'll find a listing of the DEC/VMS operating
system in IBM 1710 machine code. Show what changes are necessary to convert
this code into a UNIX Berkeley 7 operating system.  Prove that these fixes are
bug free and run correctly. You should gain at least 150% efficiency in the
new system.  (You should take no more than 10 minutes on this question.)

MATHEMATICS
	If X equals PI times R^2, construct a formula showing how long
it would take a fire ant to drill a hole through a dill pickle, if the
length-girth ratio of the ant to the pickle were 98.17:1.

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
Describe the Universe.  Give three examples.