[Kwintv] kdetv

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Wed Mar 24 21:11:36 CET 2004

Hello list,

I've finished renaming qtvision to kdetv. I'd like to encourage everybody to
check out kdeextragear-3/kdetv or download the latest kdetv CVS snapshot from
http://dziegel.free.fr.

!!! Please report any compilation quirks, bugs or qtvision/kwintv relics you
find !!!

There is a migration script for your qtvision config available, it's called
qtvision2kdetv. Error messages can safely be ignored (quick'n'dirty).

George also listed kdetv at bugs.kde.org, so we now have a bugtracking system,
too.

My current plans are to *really* stabilize kdetv now in the next two weeks.
Then we can decide whether it's ready to release a first beta version. To
emphasize the stabilization process, I'll call the next snapshots I create
kdetv-beta1-rc1.tar.bz2 and so on.

Note: The panelapplet, panelextension and part are disabled until someone
really makes them usable. I also think about disabling the screensaver since
it is just killed when the mouse is moved instead of being closed. Due to
this, kdetv has no chance to mute the sound which is a quite annoying bug.