[Kwintv] Qtvision and Gatos ATI drivers

bhaskar karambelkar vkbhaskar at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 17:49:05 CET 2004

I have been able to successfully watch TV using gatos (gatos.sf.net)
drivers for my ATI All in Wonder card and using Xawtv and motv as applications.

I installed Qtvision using the latest CVS snapshot and it compiled and
installed successfully. I have also enabled the XVideo plug-in and also XVideo
module is loaed in X (4.3.x).
Infact xvinfo command gives correct information about the card.
And when Qtvision starts up, It even detects the tuner on Xvideo port 69, but
I see no picture nor hear any sound.
The channel wizzard is successfully able to download channels for us-cable
freq.

Any ideas why no picture ?

In xawtv, to watch TV initially I have to set overlay off, and when I do
channel up/down, the overlay automatically turns on and I can see TV. (but I
can't see TV if overlay is ON when Xawtv starts).

=====
best regardsbhaskarhttp://www.bhaskarvk.com