[Kwintv] Snapshots (no, not those kind...)

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Wed Mar 10 13:57:04 CET 2004

Hmm, did I miss the discussion changing the considered future name back
to KWinTV? I thought at the end of the last discussion I read in here
about that topic the majority would want to go with KDETV...

I might be wrong, and I'm only a user following the discussions. I
consider it would be a good time to get rid of the "win" in the name, as
there no connection with an OS that starts with that name, and the app
doesn't only support cards that have "WinTV" in their name. It also
doesn't resemble Hauppage's WinTV application (and I wouldn't be sure if
the name eventually could conflict with their brand).

Additionally, people that want to keep the old KWinTV in parallel to the
rewrite, having the name KDETV (kdetv/KDEtv/kdeTV) now would make that
possible...

Just my 2c.

Robert Kaiser