[Kwintv] kdetv-0.8.1, linux-2.6.*, saa7134 and sound

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Jun 27 15:56:55 CEST 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 02:28, Frank Gernart wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thats my first post to this mailing-list.
> First my system, then the problem:
> Athlon64 3200+
> 64bit Gentoo, last update today
> linux-2.6.7
> kde-3.2.3
> xorg-6.7.0
> For a few days I tried to get sound with kdetv-0.8.1, linux-2.6.* and a
> tvcard powered by a saa7134 chip. But I was not successful. On the
> kdetv-page I read, that this problem should be fixed now, but there was no
kdetv did not unmute the TV card correctly, which is fixed now. So my only
guess ATM is a hardware setup problem. Can you try other programs (xawtv)?

> way to get more than a rush. The stations were found without problems, the
> picture ist really good, better than the one of the genuine software:-) But
> what ist to do to get sound? Which modules have to be loaded? Is arts
> needed? I tried it with the ALSA-Mixer, and the OSS-mixer, too, but there
Arts is not needed. kdetv does not use any sound system, it only uses the
soundcard mixers to regulate volume. You need to have your TV card correctly
connected to a sound card input for this to work.