[Kwintv] Preparing for kdetv 0.8.1

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Tue Jun 8 21:34:15 CEST 2004

Hello,

it's time for kdetv 0.8.1.

The most important changes:
- Now works with Kernel 2.6. and SAA7134 cards (no sound)
- Unstable OpenGL display mode (marked as experimental)
- Channel file saving fixed up (local character problems)
- Channelsuites
- Hack around some XV plugin encoding setting problems
- Right mouse button menu in sidebar
- Doublicking a station in sidebar opens browser with URL
- Add ability to hide taskbar button
- Somewhat configurable mousewheel behaviour
- i18n, at present around 20 translations
- Minor fixes, code cleanups and compile fixes

I don't think we need the release candidate procedure again, so I encourage
everyone to please try the latest snapshot and report any problem. I'll
create the 0.8.1 tarball somewhen next week. I don't plan to announce it on
the dot or some other "very public" places, so I think there is no need to
wait for the packagers to create binaries. If someone has objections against
the procedure, feel free speak up.