[Kwintv] Comb Effect - how can I get rid of them?

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 07:52:32 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 03:45, John Pyke wrote:
> I'm using using SuSe 9.1 (2.6 kernel), kdetv-0.8.1, Lifeview
> FlyVideo2000 (saa7130 chip), TNT2 64 video card.  TV broadcasts are now
> OK (apart from fine tuning some TV stations).  However, when I try to
> view some VHS-C video tapes (pal) taken recently with an old analogue
> camcorder, there are severe comb artifacts, especially around dark areas
> moving at moderate speeds (ie my border collie dog playing with a
> stick).  Tape is played back through camcorder and input is through
> composite2.  Are there any filters that I could use to eliminate
> effects?
The next release (planned for next week) will include deinterlacing.
Alternatively, go to http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=410 and install a
CVS snapshot. Deinterlacing only works if you use a video device that is _NOT_
called "XVideo port XXX" and you have configured the Video4Linux plugin to
use XVIDEO output (default).