[Kwintv] Patch for various stuff that I didnt like

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jul 9 19:41:57 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 13:10, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > I currently tend to remove the workaround, too. It's annoying me, too.
> > Since you wrote it, George, do you think it's worth a try to remove it
> > now? Two years have passed sice the code was written...
>
> And still no explanation what this workaround actually works around and
> what's so nice about disabling/enabling sound everytime you resize the
> window :(

  Ah I think I remember now.  IIRC, the Xv stream would stop entirely and the
app had to be closed and reopened if this code wasn't in place.  This would
indicate v4l Xv with NVidia driver being the platform with this problem.
Unfortunately I have no means to retest any time soon.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/