[Kwintv] Patch for various stuff that I didnt like

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jul 9 19:37:20 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 11:12, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> On Freitag Juli 9 2004 16:51, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Friday 09 July 2004 07:54, mETz wrote:
> > > Due to some annoying bits I wrote a patch which does the following:
> > > - Makes kdetv use KUniqueApplication and by default allow only one
> > > instance, running a second doesn't make sense for me and you can still
> > > allow it by changing the desktop file, also adjusted
> >
> >    Don't like it - I might want to run a quickcam in one instance and
> > tuner in another.
>
> Then how to stop kdelirc from spawning a new kdetv everytime I hit the TV
> button on my rc? It does not seem to find apps named "kdetv-SOMEPID" and
> always launches another one. Unfortunately I used radio and tv buttons both
> for switching modes _and_ for starting the app if it's not already started.

   That would be something to put in the lirc code then.

> > > - disable some kdDebug() flooding my debug file, please think about
> > > adding a debugarea for kdetv, if wanted I can do a patch for that
> >
> >     Debug areas are for libraries, not apps...
>
> That sounds like a bad joke with almost every app in CVS having a
> debug-area of its own.

  That ("almost every app") is not true.  If kdebug were designed so that each
app had a debug area, then it's the bad joke because it's not possible for
apps outside of our repository to add a new debug area, really.

> > > - disable the so called "work around xv driver bug" in KdetvXv which
> > > always mutes audio while resizing the window. Everything works fine
> > > without that hack, what was this workaround for anyway?
> >
> >    Just because the bug does't affect you doesn't mean that it doesn't
> > affect others.  I don't think this should be applied.
>
> That neither answers my question nor does it make the bug caused by that
> call any better.

   "cvs ann" and "cvs log" might help.

> > > Another thing is this desktop mode I saw in some places of the code. Is
> > > it working already and if yes, how to get a gui-element for it? :)
> >
> >   It was working at one time, don't know if it still is.
>
> There is no gui to switch to desktop mode so it either isn't always
> available or it's not meant to be visible because it's not working (yet ?).

  There was at one time.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/