[Kwintv] configure error

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Jan 21 20:05:21 CET 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 18:45, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2004 01:56, Mike Tuller wrote:
> > I am trying to install QtVision on Suse 9.0 and I am getting an
> > error "error: The important program kconfig_compiler was not
> > found!
> >
> > After looking on the web, it seems the kconfig_compiler is part
> > of KDE 3.2. Is this correct? If not, what rpm is kconfig_compiler
> > in so that I can install it.
>
> I can confirm the problem. A friend of mine uses SuSE 9.0 and
> reports the same problem. SuSE ships Qt 3.2.1 with KDE 3.1.4 which
> makes the check fail.

I'm building/installing/running CVS qtvision on SuSE 9.0 all the time
without any problems.

The offending configure part reads here:

        kde32ornewer=1
        if test "$kde_qtver" -lt 3; then
            kde32ornewer=
        else
            if test "$kde_qtver" = "3" && test "$kde_qtsubver" -le 1; then
                kde32ornewer=
            fi
        fi

        if test -n "$kde32ornewer"; then

   echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for kconfig_compiler" >&5

which seems to be okay. Mike: forgot to run make -f Makefile.cvs?

> I'll try to contact the author of the offending configure checks.
>
> Dirk

Pete