[Kwintv] configure error

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 20:41:34 CET 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 20:28, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> >>As far as I can tell, my kde version is 3.1.4. So if it is looking for
> >>3.1, it would be greater, but would be less than 3.2. could that be the
> >>issue?
> >
> > Careful, configure is looking for the _QT_ library version.
>
> I guess this should be changed to really check for the KDE version -
> more and more people might upgrade their Qt but not already upgrade
> their KDE, I believe. Distributors are faster in providing a new Qt than
> a whole new KDE - even if it's SuSE...
Maybe. This comes from acinclude.m4.in from kde-common/admin dir. I believe
they have their reasons for doing the check like this. And I don't want to
report a bug when Mike is the only person affected - then it is likely that
he broke his setup. If there are more people complaining in the future, I'll
contact the author of these lines.