[Kwintv] Usability: keypress timer

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Jan 13 10:38:30 CET 2004

Hi George,

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 05:05, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2004 18:21, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >
> > Note, that it also contains one questionable hunk:
> >
> > +++ qtvision/cfgdata.cpp        2004-01-12 21:52:51.000000000
> > +0100 -    channelNumberingStart = 2;
> > +    channelNumberingStart = 1;
> >
> > I cannot find the rationale behind this default setting. Humans
> > tend to start counting with "1", don't they? ;-)
>
>   Do not apply this patch.  We need to come up with a better
> solution.  In most places in North America at least, channels start
> at 2.

Ohh, that's funny. I couldn't imagine such. Please forgive my
ignorance, and possibly commit the attached one without the offending
hunk.

I don't think, a better channel numbering solution is necessary here,
since that's what configurable options are all about.

BTW: In the channel properties, I've missed a way to enter the
channel directly (e.g.: "S16", "SE2"). Any opinionson that one?
Is the channel <-> frequency relation stable over different regions?

> Since I wrote this code, I started it where it suits me
> best. ;-)

..which is perfectly okay with me. Great work, BTW!

Pete