[Kwintv] top/bottom stripes in fullscreen mode

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Jan 12 15:30:56 CET 2004

Hi,

another thing mildly annoys me: in fullscreen mode, qtvision manages
it somehow to display (one pixel height?) stripes on top and bottom
in standard widget background color, although I discovered some
attempts to circumvent this (e.g. setPaletteBackgroundColor() in
qtvision.cpp and qtvisionwidget.cpp).

That effect seems to be independant from driver/aspect ratio settings.

Can somebody confirm this, or is it a local phenomenon? I'm running
SuSE 9.0 here..

Any ideas, how to get rid of it?

When using fixed aspect ratios, wouldn't it look nicer to dispense
the black border in equal parts on top/below the picture.. I've looked
into it, but unfortunately it seems like a non trivial change :-(.

Pete