[Kwintv] compile problem

Alexander Mai Alex.Mai at urz.uni-hd.de
Sun Jan 11 23:54:30 CET 2004

Hello to everyone!

I've got a problem with the compilation of the kwintv3-snapshot-20040111
.

Running the configure script with

./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

and got the output:
[...]
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.

I'm using Suse9.0 on an Athlon CPU. There is a libXext.so.6 in the
/usr/X11R6/lib/ directory.

Never mind if this is a general compiling problem. I'm a newbie.

Thanks for your help

Alex Mai