[Kwintv] [Patch] Remove duplicate channel items

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 11 17:31:09 CET 2004

Hi Dirk et al.,

thanks to Dirk, this project seems to make some progress lately. I've
tested yesterdays CVS version with much success (compared to previous
attempts). Especially the channel wizard with teletext lookup
impressed me a lot. Great work, folks!

On thing disturbed me: after appending the wizards channel list, I've
missed some button to remove the duplicates.

Et voila, here it is. Could one of you guys please proof read it, and
possibly comment/apply? Also note, that this is my first qtvision
contribution, and my C++ brain is a bit rusty at best.

Implementation note:
My idea was to search the list from back to front, compare freq() and
source() with all previous entries, and if matched, remove the higher
one. Should I check for encoding, too? Should I handle disabled
channels differently. BTW, while at it, I've slightly corrected the
whatsThis entry of the _remove button.

Any suggestions?

User note:
If this doesn't work for you, please check and correct your
channels.xml, if source isn't set correctly for all entries. My old
channel.xml file was missing them partly. If you suffer from the same
problem, you should check the encoding, too.

Cheers,
Pete