[Kwintv] Re: kdenonbeta/kwintv3/qtvision/plugins/video/v4l

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 01:08:15 CET 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 18:23, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> CVS commit by dziegel:
>
> v4lplugin: Preselect fastest available display method as default on first
> start
>
> +    // select best method available as default
> +    int bestAvailable = QVIDEO_METHOD_XVSHM;
> +    if (!_vs->haveMethod(bestAvailable)) {
> +        bestAvailable = QVIDEO_METHOD_XV;
> +    }

   You know, the last time I tested I found that XV was faster than XVSHM.
Perhaps it was implementation flaws that have since been fixed, or perhaps I
had a weird X server or weird hardware, but it could be true that XVSHM isn't
all that great.  How does it perform for you?

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/