[Kwintv] Trouble with Kernel 2.6 and bttv/v4l

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Tue Jan 6 17:19:12 CET 2004

> I suppose that your tuner is not correctly detected/set with 2.6. bttv
> module has a tuner option. Try to play with that. You can read about it in
> the kernel documentation.

I initially thought this, though investigation shows my tuner is detected just
fine. Trawling through the lkml showed a few other people with similar
problems, and indeed the channel-hopping problem. Apparently it only occurs
with bttv as a module, and is something to do with i2c.

Has anyone got a tv app to work ok under 2.6 ?

tuners
    VIDIOC_G_TUNER(0)
        index                   : 0
        name                    : "Television"