[Kwintv] FreeBSD port...

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 20:51:39 CET 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 11:38, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2004 16:00, steven.hebert at notes.canadair.ca wrote:
> > Good day to all,
> >
> > I was wondering if someone is already working on a FreeBSD port using the
> > "bktr" driver?
> > If not, I would be willing to take on the task, I have other projects
> > that I'm current;y working on (News reader as an example).
> >
> > I would like to help since KDE on FreeBSD lacks a TV app that I would
> > enjoy using on a daily basis.
>
> Hello Steven,
>
> AFAIK noone is working on a FreeBSD video plugin, so you are welcome to do
> it!

  Amazing, I was just going to post to the list to ask if anyone is interested
in starting this now that the codebase is stabilizing.  Please go ahead,
Steven!

   You should only have to implement a video plugin, nothing more.
QVSrcPlugin is the class that you reimplement.  I suggest to start by taking
the v4l plugin, stripping out the V4L specific parts, and replacing them with
FreeBSD specific code to create a new plugin.  If you get things working well
and need KDE CVS access, please send me a note.  We can check code into CVS
for you to get started.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/