[Kwintv] Re: Heavy flickery and noise when switching viewmode in qtvision

Florian Evers florian-evers at gmx.de
Sun Jan 4 15:16:13 CET 2004

I experimentated a little and found out that the problem
does only happen when activating the XVideo plugin. With
Video4Linux instead, I can change modes smoothly and
without flickery.

But it's a great pity that I have a lot of interlace
effects when I'm using the Video4Linux plugin!
Even though I activated
"Video4Linux Plugin Configuration"
  -> "Advanced"
    -> "Prefer video overlay if possible"
there are these interlace effects.

Is there a possibility to
a) Fix the flickery when using XVideo or
b) activate de-interlacing in Video4Linux?

Thank you :-)

Greetings,

Florian Evers