[Kwintv] Compilation problems with kernel/libc headers

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Jan 4 12:37:30 CET 2004

On Sunday 14 December 2003 07:08, Christian Sangohn wrote:
> Everywhere before each #include <videodev.h> statement, I included this:
> #define _LINUX_TIME_H
I just applied your fix, it works for me, too.

Also, I had to do a #define _DEVICE_H_ to prevent videodev.h from including
device.h, a pure kernel file. This should normally be prevented by #ifdef
__KERNEL__. But it is also possible that this comes from my broken Kernel
2.6. setup, I run a monolithic kernel (modutils are too old) on a pure 2.4.
system. Therefore, I also cannot check the ALSA plugin (my ALSA lib is too
old). Since this is my production system, I don't want to mess around with
it.

Also, I fixed the non-working v4ldevtuner::signal() by blanking the struct
before the IOCTL, this is why Koos was unable to use the channel scanner.

I'd like to encourage everyone to check out, recompile and report success
regardless of the kernel version.

I hope my changes don't start a new "fix me - break others" series...