[Kwintv] make error: cannot find -lXcursor.

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Wed Feb 25 23:52:23 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 11:41, Kiss Norbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem in make during installation of kwintv3-cvs20040222.
> Error msg is: i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lXcursor.
> Unfortunately i dont know where to find it either.

Lives in the standard XFree86 installation 'lib' dir (/usr/X11R6/lib). Your
system ought to find this by default, unless you have been playing with
packages etc.

If you still can't find it, do a "find / -name libXCursor.so". Put the path it
comes up with into the compiler and linker paths (LIBRARY_PATH ,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Regards,
--Neil.