[Kwintv] Configure error: videodev.h

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 12:05:36 CET 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 06:00, Indy500 wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I run the configure script, the following error appears:
>
> checking linux/videodev.h usability... no
> checking linux/videodev.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: present but cannot be compiled
[...]

No problem at the moment, but may become one if the compiler result takes
precedence.

It is caused by your broken Kernel 2.6 installation - you
made /usr/include/linux a symlink to the kernel sources. The kernel headers
are not "user-space clean" (they cannot be included from a user space
program), this is why configure fails. I used bad hacks(TM) in the rest of
qtvision to make the program compile anyway.