[Kwintv] TV CARD

mattie matti3 at yucom.be
Sat Dec 25 17:25:16 CET 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:26:32 -0600, Betty Hamlett
<lisadana at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> My daughter wants a TV on her computer.  We are running linux 9.1
> I have checked at all the office stores within a 100 miles radius of
> where I live in Tennessee.  No one has a TV card that will run on
> Linux.  There are several that will run on Windows.
They probably *think* it won't run on linux. In general, any
recent tvcard that has a brooktree chipset, should work.
If you ask the seller which chipset, and he answers 'bt878a' then
you should be safe ;)
(I believe brooktree is now become 'connexant')
I too have a hauppage card with stereo sound, and I'm satisfied
with it.

regards
matthias