[Kwintv] TV CARD

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 00:44:16 CET 2004

Betty Hamlett wrote:

>My daughter wants a TV on her computer.  We are running linux 9.1
>I have checked at all the office stores within a 100 miles radius of
>where I live in Tennessee.  No one has a TV card that will run on
>Linux.  There are several that will run on Windows.
>
>What card do I need to get for her so she can download and install
>all the information.
>Thank you

I use a WinTV GO with SuSE 9.2 and did with SuSE 9.1.  This is the
manufacturers web site http://www.hauppauge.com/.  As well as PCI cards
they have USB modules.  I don't know if those USB modules are supported
so you may be better to stick with PCI cards.  The WinTV is inexpensive,
~$50, but doesn't support stereo sound, FM or recording.  Hauppauge has
a full range of cards with different feature sets.

--
George Fragos
fragos at gmail.com
gfragos at comcast.net