[Kwintv] Webcam QT Widget

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Fri Aug 6 19:39:10 CEST 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 13:29, Nahuel Greco wrote:
> Hi, I have a QT (non KDE) application and I want to add a widget displaying
> realtime video from a webcam. Also I want to eventually take jpg or pnm
> snapshots from it. Googling, seems that kwintv is the only option for QT
> with support for overlay video.
>
> So, has kwintv an usable (non kde) Widget for this purpose? Any hints or
> advices on where look at the code for that? (with trivial or non-trivial
> potential qt adaptation/isolation work).
Hello,

basically kdetv contains a Qt TV widget. If you take only kvideoio and adapt
the v4l plugin for your needs you would have such a widget. Unfortunately,
the v4l plugin is not very usable for webcams since it lacks image format
conversion (on the TODO list). It seems many webcams to not grab YUV (what
XVIDEO wants).