[Kwintv] kdetv 0.8.0 is now part of Gentoo Linux

Victoria Welch vykk3 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 01:26:44 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 08:52, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> [ ... ]Dirk:
> Thank you very much for all your work on kdetv!

Second that!

> Other good news: kdetv (release 0.8.0) has been added to
> the official Gentoo Linux portage tree today which makes
> the installation of the application very easy and
> convenient for users of Gentoo Linux.
>
> Regards, Stefan.

Thanks Stefan!

Just a few days before I was unable to find it in portage so
I just grabbed the package and built it, saving the output
from make install so I could remove it when this happened
(any chance it might end up in the same place?)!

Unfortunately  I have a tuner (Leadtech WinFast 2000XP
Expert) that uses the cx88 chipset and that driver is in
the early stages of development so kdetv does nothing, with
tvtime I do get the picture (sort of), no sound and unable
to do anything with it.  Hopefully the driver will come
along in time.  I did drop the author a message offering to
help with it however I could.

Considered returning this card for the Asus one as I hear
the SAA driver is further along and might work with kdetv.

Thanks for your efforts all!

Take care, V.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7.  "If we knew what we were doing, it
would not be called research, would it?" --Albert Einstein