[Kwintv] kdetv 0.8.0 is now part of Gentoo Linux

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Apr 12 21:03:53 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 17:52, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As you might have noticed release 0.8.0 of kdetv is available on Dirk's FTP
> server. I guess he'll soon post an announcement about that to this
> list?! :-)... Dirk: Thank you very much for all your work on kdetv!
As I said in my email from saturday, I uploaded it today. I wait for Packman
(Herbert Graeber) and Zsolt to create binary packages before announcing it.
Also, I'd like to speak with George before if he has some last minute tips,
e.g. release notes, how to announce it... He may be on vacation since he
didn't answer since friday.

I hope everybody can enjoy the first stable release and the list will not be
swamped in bug reports ;-)

I called it 0.8.0 because I'd like 1.0 to have deinterlace support. 0.9.0 is
left as an intermediate number if another killer feature comes first.

I'll post here when annoncement on dot.kde.org is made. Stefan, can you then
update the webpage for it?

Also, I suggest to clean up the download page a little bit. Packman only
provides SuSE packages. Maybe a simple table containing "Distribution -
Download location" would be nice.

rc2 to 0.8.0 changes:
- Always on top fixes for KDE 3.1 by Zsolt
- Fix channel properties editor that was launched from sidebar (was actually
not really working)