[Kwintv] kdetv.desktop file

Ken Zalewski kennyz at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 22:40:59 CEST 2004

In the kdetv.desktop file, which gets installed into
/opt/kde/share/applnk/Multimedia/, the "Categories" line reads:

Categories=QT;KDE;Multimedia;Video;TV;

This ends up placing the kdetv entry in my "Lost and Found" menu, rather
than the "Multimedia" menu (even though it resides in the
applnk/Multimedia directory).

The "AudioVideo" string must be used to place kdetv into the Multimedia
menu.  I changed this line to:

Categories=QT;KDE;AudioVideo;Multimedia;Video;TV;

and now kdetv correctly appears in the Multimedia menu.

I think the use of applnk is now deprecated in KDE.  Apps are now being
stored in /opt/kde/share/applications/, and the Categories entry
determines where the application will appear.

My understanding might not be correct, but my change definitely seemed
to work.               -kz