[Kwintv] always on top

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 9 17:17:15 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 16.52, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Friday 09 April 2004 12:05, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For me the recent versions of kdetv are completely broken regarding
> > the "always on top" functionality. (When switching from windowed mode
> > to fullscreen and back to windowed mode, "always on top" is lost
> > whatever I set in kdetv config.)
> >
> > Is this because I'm using KDE 3.1 (and not 3.2)? I know that there was
> > a discussion about this a month ago, but that was not too clear about
> > this.
> >
> > I suppose KDE 3.1 has some bugs related to this that were fixed in
> > 3.2. If I'm right, then is the attached patch acceptable for cvs
> > commit? (AFAIK we are still trying to support KDE 3.1.)
>
> I have no objections if it fixes KDE 3.1 behaviour. Just can't test it,
> I got 3.2.

I have 3.1 (that's why I bother :), and I have tested it.

Of course it is not as good as it would be with 3.2, because if you set
stay on top in config, then it will always turn on "always on top" on
changing modes even if the user have explicitly turned it off by window
decoration. But I don't see this happening too much, so IMO the behaviour
is much better with the patch than without it.

So I will commit the patch to cvs.

Regards
Zsolt