[Kwintv] Starting an QtVision FAQ...

Stefan Hellwig stefan at stefanhellwig.de
Sun Sep 21 14:23:36 CEST 2003

Hi!

On Sunday 21 September 2003 13:08, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> Oh, one more thing: I think the sentence "You get a permission error
> when accessing /dev/videoX" is misleading, it sounds like an error
> dialog is being displayed. All that qtvision does is to ignore the file
> (which may lead to the "no devices shown" problem).

OK, done. I've changed the /dev/video* permissions and the Xvideo stuff
("v4l" module loaded) to be a requirement to run QtVision. I guess that's
correct - more or less.

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!