[Kwintv] Need help with Qtvision!

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Thu Sep 18 14:43:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

>>Hi. I have a problem with Qtvision. I got it installed ok from CVS (folowed
>>the instructions). My tv tuner is Wayjet with bt878 chipset and FM tuner. I
>>have Slackware 8.1 with kernel 2.4.18 (with source) installed. The problem
>>is when I start Qtvision: it asks me to select my source device, but the
>>list is empty! What should I do? What is the problem?
>
>   Read the release notes or search the list history.  This is a FAQ.  You did
> not install correctly, or your tuner is not functioning.

George, could we display an error dialog with a link to the FAQ entry or
some written advice if the list is empty? I think people would feel less
lost if they get a message saying "no input device lost, see XXX for
more information about that problem" or even a full text on how to get
it working.

This should be a minor code change (only displayed if no source
detected) but a big improvement in useability for newbies to qtvision.

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser