[Kwintv] Finetuning

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sun Oct 26 16:50:00 CET 2003

Hello,

I've implemented finetuning if a frequency range is scanned.
Unfortunately, it is only possible to figure out whether there is a signal or
not, but not the signal strength.
Therefore, I determine the frequency range where there is a signal and use the
the upper 3/4 point as the result (e.g. the station is receivable from 130 to
134 MHz, so I use 133 MHz as result). This works "satisfactory" (!= good) for
me in Germany. Can someone in another country try and report, please? Is
there a better way than this? Or should it be removed?

There is another problem. If the user chooses a small frequency increment,
stations are found multiple times. Should this be fixed? If, how? Use a fixed
increment?

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net