[Kwintv] UI-Widget separation, alpha2?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 02:58:40 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 04:41, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> Also, I think it's time to package alpha2 to encourage more people to use
> QtVision and get feedback. What do you think, George? There were loads of
> changes since alpha1, and many people may not want to use the cvs
> procedure.

  Sorry for the long delay.  I think there are some criteria for the next
release that need to be addressed:

1) We need to prevent the endless reports of "no plugins are listed".  However
it's done, I'm not really concerned with.  Maybe it's best to pop up a
messagebox with instructions.  I don't know.  But it's clear that it is a
problem for users.

2) The Xv driver is difficult to setup (XFree more than qtvision), and the v4l
driver is just not usable for most people.  I think this needs to be better
addressed.

3) The crash/freeze on resize needs to be tracked down.

  Without these things, I think it will result in more headaches in the end to
release another version of qtvision.  #2 is very time consuming to fix, #3 is
very tricky to fix (track down).  #1 is easy.  What do you think?

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/