[Kwintv] Need help for fullscreen keyevents

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Oct 11 16:24:54 CEST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 07:30, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> > Is it OK to move the viewmode stuff from class qtvisionwidget to the
> > clients/ dir and restructure according to this? If I do that, I may break
> > the kpart, screensaver and the panel applet, and I have currently no
> > intention to fix them. I'd rather like to make the main app work, and if
> > we are done with that, we can have a look at the others.
>
> I think I cannot answer this for you :(
> I don't fully understand the issues regarding this. I'm not too good Qt
> programmer (tough I'm good with C++, and done some GUI programming with
> other toolkits).
> So my suggestion was just and idea :)

  The important part is to make sure that they still -can- be fixed.  The code
has been extended quite a bit in order to support these, and if we can't
support them, we would be dumping huge amounts of code from the app anyways.
I don't remember off-hand what all the issues were.

  Please be careful of Xinerama issues too.  The coordinates have to be
sensitive that (0,0) may not be the upper-left, and the desktop size is not
the same as the screen size.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/