[Kwintv] Need help for fullscreen keyevents

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Fri Oct 10 23:09:23 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I just had a look at the problem that QtVision does not handle keyPress events
in fullscreen/tv mode.
I've added an "unknownKeyEvent(QKeyEvent* e)" signal to qtvisionview and
injected the event via QApplication::sendEvent(MainWindowPtr, e) to the main
window that contains the actionCollection. But it does not accept the
keyPressEvent (returns false) - why does this happen? I think because it is
hidden.
Qt docs say in QWidget::setFocus that a hidden widget will not accept focus.

Additionally, I noticed that if i call keyboardGrabber() in class MainWindow
in fullscreen/tv mode, it returns 0L. There is a check for this in
KAccelEventHandler (it's somewhere in the event's path through the app to the
actionCollection).

Does anybody have an idea what to do?

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net