[Kwintv] QtVision cleanup

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sun Nov 30 12:17:41 CET 2003

Hello List,

I've been cleaning up qtvision a bit:

- Move Video Source API from qtvision to sourcemanager
- All managers do not know anyting about qtvision any more (they never needed)
- Centralised GUIFactory management in PluginFactory instead of class qtvision
- UI change: no select source dialog anymore (it was not working correctly
anyways). We have a device selection actionlist instead.
- Class QtVison API change:
    // automatic startup (set last device used, channel wizard and device
selection if neccessary)
    virtual bool start();

    // starts playback from selected device (for UIs, restore last channel,
launch wizard if no channels)
    virtual bool playDevice(const QString& dev, const QString& src, const
QString& enc);

    // stops video playback
    virtual void stop();
[...]

This is a quite intrusive change, so I want to ask whether the change is
considered Ok to commit. Also, I need to stabilise and document it a little
bit more before I will commit it.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net