[Kwintv] no devices found

Gabor FLEISCHER kwintv at exodus.fleischer.hu
Wed May 28 19:23:13 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm new to the list, so I hope I don't repeat any questions. I didn't find
any answer on google.

I installed the newest CVS version of qtvision.

1st here's a remark about the installation: I have Debian/unstable. I run
the ./configure script, and it found that I have Qt, and everything is fine.
This was almost true, but during the compilation it needed some old headers.
In a while I found out that I was missing the libqt3-compat-headers debian
package, which solved the problem. So I suggest to put some check to some of
the headerfiles in this package (for example qgrpbox.h) into the configure
script.

2nd here's my real problem:
I compiled, installed everything. When I run qtvision I get these messages:

flocsy at crux:~/bin$ ./qtvision
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype QtVision Video
Source not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype QtVision
Channel Format not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype QtVision Audio
Mixer not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype QtVision OSD
not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype QtVision Misc
not found
qtvision: WARNING: MainWindow::setupInfraRed(): Lirc not available
qtvision: SaverControl: KDE screensaver successfully enabled.
qtvision: QtVisionView::resizeEvent()
qtvision: QtVision::start: Set initial volume settings...
qtvision: QtVision::setMuteVolume(): Mixer says volume is Not Muted
qtvision: QtVision::start: Emitted volume settings....
qtvision: QtVision::tryAutoStart()
qtvision: QtVision::selectDevice()
qtvision: ViewManager::launchSourceDialog()
qtvision: Done probing devices.

And the GUI comes up, asking me to choose a device from an empty list.
It seems, that qtvision doesn't find my device. What shell I do?

Before you ask me: I can run xawtv, zapping without any problems, I have g+rw
on /dev/video0, I'm in the video group... What is missing still?

Ah one more thing: I have Matrox G200, zserver-xfree86 4.2.1, and this might
be interesting:

When I insert the Load "v4l" line to the XF86config-4 file then both xawtv,
zapping have some strange thing: the right side of the screen is flickering.
(in overlay mode) So I decided not to turn on v4l module in X, but even
with, even without v4l module I have the same thing in qtvision.

Thanks,
	Gabor