[Kwintv] teletext on Kwintv

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sun May 4 14:00:09 CEST 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 11.37, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> On Saturday 03 May 2003 4:20 pm, Ronan McDonagh wrote:
> > Dear Sir/Madam,
> > 			  This is Ronan McDonagh from Dublin, Ireland.  I use Kwintv for
> > television on SuSE linux.   Just wonder, is there any plan about teletext
> > software for Kwintv?  If Kwintv have teletext, then I can watch Kwintv
> > with subtitles (page 888).  Let me know.  Thanks
>
> Ronan,
> 	I'm not sure if working VBI is built in yet, but what you can do is run
> alevt as well, and use this if you really require subtitles. Check out
> http://www.goron.de/~froese

QtVision the rewrite of kwintv does contain support for teletext. Tough it is
not too userfriendly (it is pretty hard to turn it off ;-)
But it does have the advance in comparison to alevt that it is overlaid over
the screen, so it can be used for viewing subtitles.

You should try out qtvision, and see if it suits your needs. Please write
back, how it goes.

Regards
Zsolt