[Kwintv] several problems/bugs

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 14:07:49 -0500

On Friday 28 March 2003 18:27, BoZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While using QtVision I encountered the following problems:
>
> - When I close QtVision the sound gets muted. (I'm using the OSS mixer
> plugin.)

   Yes you should choose a different mixer device, not the main volume one.
The reason for muting is to avoid sound playing after the application closes.
We found a wide variety of interesting hardware during development. :)
Perhaps there is a better solution, but we have to try to be compatible with
all the different hardware.

> - Somehow the default number for the first channel is 2 even after
> renumbering in the configure channels section.

  Yes this is hardcoded for now, sorry.  We'll fix this eventually.

> - I made my own channels.xml which got sadly overwritten with the default
> West-Europe settings when starting QtVision, it prompted for the local
> defaults. Loading the xml using import didn't work either. I only changed
> the name, number and frequency (which also gets changed with manual
> configuring). Changing the West-Europe frequencies resulted in a ignore of
> West-Europe in the local defaults.

   There is definitely a bug here, and it's well known.  it just hasn't been
traced down yet.

> I hope to hear soon wheter I've been stupid or helped you ;-)

  Thanks for your help!