[Kwintv] Plugin access to the UI - more problems

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sun Jun 1 16:29:04 CEST 2003

Hi George!

I have ventured further in making the some actions accessible from the telex
plugin, but have run in a new problem, though it is quite similar.

The gui is not (yet) created when the plugins are initialized.
So I dont know how to add an action to one of its toolbars.

I tried something like this (tta is an KAction):

        KXMLGUIFactory* gui = driver()->guiFactory();
        if (gui) {
            QWidget* widget = gui->container("viewToolBar", NULL);
            if (widget)
                tta->plug(widget);
            else
                kdDebug() << "No 'viewToolBar' widget" << endl;
        }

But this always prints No 'viewToolBar' widget...

Could you please advise a way how to do this?

Thanks
Zsolt