[Kwintv] Kwintv - no list select devices.

nelson gomez supp_linux_ve at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 23:01:08 CEST 2003

Hello,

Sorry but my english, i from venezuela.

I have a problem with qtvision, i use debian sid, i
download this from cvs and compile. but i run the
qtvision i can see the window that ask me "select
devices" "select source" "region", this list havent
nothing.

I add the the v4l.

examples:

cat /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "v4l"
EndSection

And the modules.conf

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 natsemi
alias sound-slot-0 maestro3
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

# i2c
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1

# bttv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=24 radio=1
options tuner type=2 debug=1

The log of qtvision for console:

nelsonf at nelsonf:~$ qtvision
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers :
servicetype QtVision Video Source not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers :
servicetype QtVision Channel Format not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers :
servicetype QtVision Audio Mixer not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers :
servicetype QtVision OSD not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers :
servicetype QtVision Misc not found
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
QtVision::volumeChanged(int,int) to
(null)::displayVolume(int,int)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
QtVision::volumeMuted(bool) to
(null)::displayMuted(bool)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
QtVision::channelText(const QString &) to
(null)::displayMisc(const QString &)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
MainWindow::sleepTimerDelay(const QString &) to
(null)::displayCC(const QString &)
qtvision: WARNING: MainWindow::setupInfraRed(): Lirc
not available
qtvision: SaverControl: KDE screensaver successfully
disabled.
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
(null)::messageSent(const QString&) to
MainWindow::shortMessage(const QString&)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect
(null)::programChanged(const QString&) to
MainWindow::sbProgramName(const QString&)
qtvision: QtVisionView::resizeEvent()
qtvision: QtVision::start: Set initial volume
settings...
qtvision: QtVision::setMuteVolume(): Mixer says volume
is Not Muted
qtvision: QtVision::start: Emitted volume settings....
qtvision: QtVision::tryAutoStart()
qtvision: QtVision::selectDevice()
qtvision: ViewManager::launchSourceDialog()
qtvision: Done probing devices.
qtvision: WARNING: QtVision::start() No device
selected
qtvision: ChannelIO::save(...)
file='/home/nelsonf/.kde/share/apps/qtvision/channels.xml'
format=''
qtvision: ChannelIO::formats() Creating format list
qtvision: ChannelIO::guessFormat(...) returning csv
for format
qtvision: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) csv, flags=2
qtvision: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) failed for csv
nelsonf at nelsonf:~$

I not understand. What is the problem ? why not show
the /dev/video0 or video1 in the list, Please Help