[Kwintv] 2.5.x series kernel

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 19:30:18 CEST 2003

On July 8, 2003 07:06, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	Something appears to be changed in the development kernels with respect to
> bttv at least, v4l at most. Channel changes don't work - the quietest audio
> is present (both plugins), and the pre-tuned channel on the tuner is shown
> in black and white. Note that this is the same for xawtv !

  Everytime I tried 2.5 kernel it worked differently.  I think it is or was
still in quite a state of flux.  For a long time it wouldn't even compile.  I
wonder what changed with the Xv driver though.  It must be that XFree86
hasn't adapted to the new behaviour either.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/