[Kwintv] Naming Summary

Trond Peter kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:47:43 +0100

On Friday 31 January 2003 21:13, George Staikos wrote:
> It seems like "ktv" or "kdetv" are the two that don't have real problems
> with them right now.  They're fairly popular too.  I think amongst the
> active developers we will decide between these two.  If anyone has serious
> objections, please respond to the list.
>
> They also have the bonus of being short to type. :)

kVision gets my vote.

kVision is adequate because:
- 'vision' is a covering word
- the leading 'k' indicates a KDE app
- it's easy to pronounce, and easy to remember

'ktv' (or anything with 'tv' in it) is misleading because this app can do far
more than just display tv, as pointed out earlier.

KTVision is a "compromise", but it adds an unnecessary consonant, making it
harder to pronounce.

//hangman