[Kwintv] naming

Dawit A. kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:11:46 +0000

Hello,

On Thursday 30 January 2003 02:01, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> > "kvision"?
> > "ktv"?
>
> Those two sound nice to me, though I'd tend to like "kvision" more. It's
> far enough not to suggest it's based on old kwintv, it's near to the
> current qtvision name, and it doen's sound as primitive as ktv might do.
> It more sounds like there's a vision for the future :)

And this is why I really think it should be named "ktv" instead, because it is
just that - a TV tuner for your computer.  It is also short, precise and has
a broad appeal.  The problem with "kvision" is that it is hard for people to
associate it with any sort of.  If I did not know better I would have thought
that it was some sort of computer game or dare I say it a fortune teller
program :-))))

Regards,
Dawit A.