[Kwintv] V4L Plugin - new success

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Dec 14 19:04:58 CET 2003

On Sunday 14 December 2003 11:34, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > But please note that reading the image and displaying it, all runs in the
> > grabber thread now (breaking the ring buffer idea).
> > Also I've now some trouble closing qtvision..
>
> ...., I see my patch is wrong. It deadlocks in QtVisionV4L::stopVideo
> g->wait() if the grabber is trying qApp->lock(). As a quick fix I tried the
> attached patch and that works for switching between bttv device and XVideo,
> but can fail if qtvision is closing and thread waiting for qApp->lock()
> Grrr :-/

   Well your patch significantly improved performance.  If you want to hack at
this plugin, please feel free to commit as you see fit.  I think it's almost
possible to ship a beta with this!  I would appreciate some reports from
users who experienced "ripping" or other problems with V4L.  Does this fix
it?  I have 11.5% CPU usage in total over the three processes here.

  Koos: great work!

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/